Participate in Australian Arbitration Week
Australian Arbitration Week 2024 will be held in the week of 13 to 18 October 2024 in Brisbane.
AAW Event Proposals
In response to significant interest and to manage, where possible, duplication of topics and overlap of events aimed at the same audience, organisations interested in participating in Australian Arbitration Week 2024 must submit the following information to ACICA before 15 April 2024:
- Event title (we encourage creativity as this will be the only description published directly on the Australian Arbitration Week Calendar of Events).
- Brief description/tentative program for the proposed event (100 words).
- Proposed speakers (even if not confirmed).
- Three preferences for the date and time for your event.
- Venue or format/platform (virtual, hybrid or otherwise).
- Intended audience.
- Identification of the appropriate contact person managing the event.
- Confirmation of the participating organisation’s commitment to the Australian Arbitration Week Principles and an indication as to the steps it will take to ensure compliance. Please note that ACICA will consider removing events from the calendar if they do not comply with the Principles.
Proposals will be reviewed by ACICA and the date and time of the event confirmed to the participating organisation in writing.
Please note the following:
- Taking into account feedback received in 2023, a maximum of two events will be included in the Calendar from any one participating organisation. This does not include events being hosted by an organisation eg. law firm on behalf of another participating organisation. A separate submission is required for each event.
- While ACICA will make every effort to offer a participating organisation one of its preferred time slots, this may not be possible in every instance. Once time slots are confirmed, no changes will be made.
- Exclusivity in time slots is not guaranteed. ACICA will make every effort to ensure that events that will run concurrently in the Calendar are intended for different audiences.
- Please note that event organisation is the responsibility of the participating organisation (for eg. ACICA does not organise venues for participating organisations).
Any proposals received after 15 April 2024, may not be able to be accommodated.
Once your event has been confirmed, participating organisations must submit the following information for inclusion in the Australian Arbitration Week Calendar of Events before 30 June 2024:
- Host organisation logo
- Event flyer with details of speakers and topics covered
- Registration link (if necessary)
Failure to provide confirmed event details by the deadline may result in your event being removed from the Australian Arbitration Week Calendar of Events.
Minor updates only to events (ie. changes to speakers due to availability issues) will be accommodated until 30 September 2024. It will not be possible to make changes to event details after this date.
Packages for Participating Organisations
ACICA aims to find ways to continually increase exposure of events that form part of AAW. In 2024 ACICA is pleased to be working with to provide additional exposure to Participating Organisations. ADR TV is a video on-demand and live streaming service for the global legal community. Through this collaboration, we are pleased to offer the following packages:
- AAW Participation with Interview Studio Package (non-refundable and applicable to all submissions): AUD300 plus GST* per event which will cover:
- Inclusion of your event in the Australian Arbitration Week Calendar of Events and any related marketing materials; and
- Opportunity to have representatives of the Participating Organisation interviewed at the ADR TV studio facility to discuss their event and participation in AAW, with a professional video recording of the interview produced and made available on the AAW site of ADR TV with logo recognition.
- AAW Event Recording Package (optional): AUD3,000 plus GST per event which will cover, in addition to the above:
- A professional recording of your event by ADR TV with:
- 1 operated camera, 1 locked wide camera and 1 content feed;
- 2 wireless lavalier microphones, 1 wireless handheld microphone for Q&A
- Trimmed and bumpered recording of the event provided via download link within 2 weeks of the event;
- All equipment, set up, operation and pack down at your event location; and
- Event recording made available on the AAW site of ADR TV with logo recognition.
* There is no participation fee applicable for not-for-profit organisations however if such organisations wish to obtain an event recording, the fee for the Event Recording Package will apply.
Please note that if your event submission is not accepted and you have chosen the Event Recording Package, that fee will be refunded to you.
How to submit an Event Proposal
Applications are to be submitted through the ACICA website using the relevant link below:
If you have any questions, please contact the ACICA Secretariat on +612 9223 1099 or email@example.com.