ACICA & Ciarb Australia International Arbitration Conference 2023
9 October 2023, Perth
The Australian Centre of International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA) and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Australia (Ciarb Australia) are delighted to invite you to the 2023 International Arbitration Conference: Following a Black Swan – Transformative thinking and what comes next for International Arbitration. This lead event for Australian Arbitration Week will be held at beautiful Elizabeth Quay in Perth at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel on 9 October 2023.
The theme of this year’s Conference is “Following a Black Swan: Transformative thinking and what comes next for International Arbitration“. The conference takes place in Perth, Western Australia, where the existence of black swans was first reported to the rest of the world over 300 years ago, and is celebrated in its state emblem. Conference participants will gather to discuss how the black swan event of our time has shaped dispute resolution for good. Post pandemic, we have emerged with new practices, technological advances and fresh ideas. As we move forward, we will also take stock of some of the fundamentals of dispute resolution discussing whether improvements are necessary to meet evolving practice.
The one day conference program features a keynote address from Kanaga Dharmananda SC, Quayside Chambers and will bring together eminent speakers from around the globe in eight stimulating sessions covering:
- Around the World and Back
- Offshore Projects (and Onshore Problems)
- Advocacy in Arbitration: A Deep Dive into Truly Persuasive Techniques
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG): Corporate Responsibility or State Responsibility?
- Conflict of Privilege Rules in International Arbitration: Blessing or Curse?
- Arbitration New Frontiers: AI, Sustainable Practices and other ideas
- General Counsel Roundtable
- Why Arbitration? A Quiz and Pursuit of Glory